Friday, July 13, 2018

Eavesdrop Brewery – Yorkshire, (Manassas) VA


A new little brewery named “Eavesdrop Brewery” has opened in Manassas off VA 28 and of course I had to check it out.  So, I headed out North on Centerville Rd. / VA-28 from Liberia Avenue and next thing you know I am out of Manassas.  So… I turned around and came South on VA-28, looking for the brewery, which I was told was just south of the Virginia Meat building.  I could not see it at all!!  How can I try out a new brewery if I can’t find it!?

Of course, I then had to pull off and Google it, and alas I found it.  With that said… my first critique is… THE LOCATION SUCKS!  Good Lord…. I have discussed in a previous post that I thought Heroic Aleworks was in a bad spot, but even they could be seen from the road when you drove by it!  As such, this blog post will include directions as well as a screen capture from Google Maps of its location.

Ok… now that I have finally arrived… WOW!  What a great place!  It is a place I could envision on like 10 acres with hops and other fruits and plants growing.  Great, large barn type doors on the side.  PLENTY of outdoor space.  Three fire pits for those cooler evenings and a rooftop deck.  It is dog (not in taproom) and kid (taproom ok) friendly and overall a really nice place.  However, I do have to wonder just how much that electric bill will be during the heat of summer and those barn doors and the wood building overall… wood is not a great insulator.  😊

The individual who told me about Eavesdrop informed me that they had not been open that long, so I assumed they were in a ‘soft open’ mode when I visited.  Turns out the soft open was for like 4 months… but they are now officially open.   Now… on to the beer!  My favorite beer so far was a collaboration beer they did with Solace Brewery called “Juice Head.”  That beer I enjoyed very much and it packs a kick at 9%.  Since I first had it, I have come back multiple times just to get growlers of it!  One of the other beers I had were their ‘house’ IPA which is beer produced through another brewery (contacted) here in VA and their stout was a collaboration with Old Ox brewery.  Of course, I was like WTF??  Where are their beers?  It seems, according to their website, that they focus more of ‘collaboration’ brews than doing a 100% brew on their own.  Why?  I don’t know… but it seems like a they found a niche of sorts to slide into.  Let’s see how it works out.

Regardless, the IPA was tasty, and I did enjoy it and the stout was a standard stout.  I have had a few more of their beers but nothing that stands out, but I will continue to check it out to try more collaboration beers and maybe some beers they produce solo.  I would also have to add that they need MORE inventory.  I don’t think I have ever seen more than 4 beers on tap and on my very first visit (soft open) they only had two!  As far as giving a ‘one/two-thumbs’ up or down rating, I am going to wait for a couple of months after their grand opening and the inventory has more beer.

OH!!  A couple more notes.  I like how they used the US Census Bureau Designated Place name of Yorkshire instead of listing them as being in Manassas.  This separates them from all the other brewery’s that are listed as being in Manassas.  Anyway… Eavesdrop brewery… horrible location but a absolutely beautiful establishment.  I will for sure be back to try them out again when the come full on board and will give an update to this review.  Go by… check them out… let me know what YOU think.

Ugh… if you have read any of my previous posts… you know I do not promote or post “Facebook” pages… and it seems that while Eavesdrop has a website they ONLY post beer information on Facebook.    So… visit their site if you want to know more… ‘cause I ain’t putting any crappy Facebook link on my site.



Facebook:  Bite me…

Instagram: eavesdropbrewery

Twitter: @eavesdropbeer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or suggestion! Thanks!